Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Food(ography) for thought...

Recently, I've been finding time to cook some new dishes and I can't tell you how refreshing and fulfilling it has been. I've always been into cooking, but its always been a difficult task to juggle with an infant and toddler at home. I would ideally like to cook a new recipe every week and fortunately after some organizing I am NOW able to do so.  I re-organized my fridge (including a snack drawer for Nerina - pinterest inspired)...I plan out our weekly meals (not the weekends of course) and I frequently check Pinterest, Allrecipes.com, and a bunch of great food shows like Spice Goddess, Good Eats & Everyday Italian for ideas.  I also was inspired by a food cooking lesson I attended with some great mommy friends.

After all this work, I knew this had to be blogged about (mind you I been really bad about blogging). This post has a lot of technical work behind it.  First things first --majority of my pictures were on Instagram. I did a bunch of googling and found out a way to export the pictures onto my desktop.  The next step was how to post them on here without it being a huge space sucker. Well - I don't know about you, but I absolutely love photo-strips like the one's you get out of a photo-booth. After seeing this picture on Pinterest I knew this was the best way and the most thrilling way to post all my food pictures. I'm really having a tough time picking up Photoshop but I am becoming quite savvy with Lightroom (just got Lightroom 4 and its AMAZING)...anyways, I knew there had to be a way to do it. After a lot of trial and error I got the right size and shape for the photostrip. The next task was to put the names of my food on each picture - the hubby was kind enough at night to help me do this in photoshop.  I am pleased to share with you my results below :)

Enjoy!

Pictures from Instagram:
blogp1      food2p       food3p

No comments:

Post a Comment